Drew Binsky is a famous YouTuber who has visited every country in the world. He completed his project in 2021 at the age of 30 with Saudi Arabia being the last country. In this short interview, Drew Binsky shares some of his favourites.
What are three of your favourite countries, and why?
I love how warm and friendly the people are, and it has some of the most stunning beaches in the world.
Iran for its hospitality – it’s unparalleled to anywhere else on earth.
And Namibia for its stunning nature – it’s the only place in the world that I’ve seen sand dunes meet the ocean.
What are three of your favourite travel moments, and why?
Travelling 8 hours outside of Bangui in CAR to spend 24 hours with the Pygmy tribe in the middle of the jungle. Scuba diving in Palau, it’s the most pristine seas I’ve seen on earth. And travelling to Kandahar in Afghanistan – the old fortresses that date back to Alexander the Great are so impressive, and the market there felt like a time warp back to the 1800s. I love that country.
What are three of your worst travel moments, and why?
1. Bus crash in India, where 2 people died on the bus. I was lucky to make it out alive
2. Getting aggressively thrown out of the main mosque in Bangar Seri Begawan, Brunei for absolutely no reason.
3. And getting scammed at the border of Sierra Leone and Liberia.
What are three of your best travel tips?
1. Always make a local friend – they help tremendously in every regard!
2. Bring a lot of extra USD with you.
3. And get a local sim card AND a T-mobile sim card, and carry them in 2 phones. Staying connected is obviously very important.